Buddha Bowls are one of my favorite choices for lunch and dinner. My top five buddha bowls consist of either salmon or shrimp, and this smoked salmon and creamed spinach bowl is not number five on that list.
The smoked salmon in this bowl can be cooked with any seasonings you prefer, and still come out amazing because the technique is to make it crispy. Well done. BURNT. Not quite but.. the edges need a bit of crispification, to compliment the creamed spinach and the roasted sweet potatoes. It’s filling, it’s savory and it’s quite possibly one of my favorite post-workout meals. Let’s get into it.. shall we?
If you’re curious about the seasoning I used for this recipe: I used Kinder’s Woodfired Garlic , Lemon Pepper Seasoning and Cajun seasoning. I love using flavored goat cheese for extra creaminess without too much fat, particularly goat cheese flavored with garlic or chives.
Smoked Salmon + Creamed Spinach Bowl
- 1 Fillet Salmon seasoned to your preference
- Mushrooms, chopped Crimini, Portobello, your choice!
- 1 cup Spinach, chopped
- 1 tbsp Shallots, chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon Olive Oil, Avocado Oil, or Grapeseed Oil
- 1 Sweet Potato, cut into cubes
- 2½ tbsp Garlic & Herb Goat Cheese You may add more, depending on preference
- salt + pepper to taste
- Cut your sweet potatoes into small/ medium sized cubes. Smaller cubes allow for the sweet potatoes to soften faster, it should take between 25-35 minutes for the sweet potatoes to fully soften. Coat the sweet potatoes with a drizzle of the oil of your preference, salt and pepper.In an air fryer - Cook your sweet potatoes at 400 degrees, checking them around the 6 minute mark, and shaking / turning them to cook evenly on both sides.In an oven, set to 450 degrees, add your chopped sweet potatoes and bake for 25 - 35 minutes, checking them around the 15 minute mark, shaking or turning to cook evenly on both sides.
- To your salmon fillet, drizzle and coat with oil of your preference and add your seasonings. This recipe used Smoked Chipotle Garlic, Cajun Seasoning, and Lemon Pepper seasoning.In an Air Fryer: Bake at 400 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes, checking between 8 to 10 minutes that it's as crispy as you prefer. In an Oven: Place the salmon the SECOND shelf, and broil for 8 to 12 minutes.
- In a skillet, add one teaspoon of oil of your preference and your chopped shallots. Stir together on medium low heat until they appear slightly translucent. Add a pinch of salt and pepper
- To your sautéed shallots, add two tablespoons of garlic and herb goat cheese, and mix well until slightly melted. Stir in your chopped spinach, remove from the heat and set aside.
- In another skillet, add 1 teaspoon of oil of your preference and chopped mushrooms, stirring frequently until golden brown in color.
- Check your spinach, the leaves should have wilted and produced some moisture in the cheese. Return the skillet to low heat, and mix in your spinach with cheese, checking the creaminess is to your liking.
- To a bowl, add your chopped sweet potatoes, creamed spinach, sautéed mushrooms and crispy salmon fillet. Enjoy!