Every gentrified neighborhood in America has run this beloved open-faced sandwich (Can we call it that?) into the ground. Making its way from Sydney Australia, by way of Bill Granger and into the lifestyles of hipsters worldwide, it’s safe to say Avocado toast is not a fad.
Is it good? Obviously, but the greatest thing about it is you don’t have to stop eating it when you’re dieting.
- Pick good bread. – Sourdough really should be the standard, but I won’t put pressure on it.
- Try to avoid “almost-ripened” avocados.. if they are hard to smash, I doubt it will be enjoyable.
Customize it ! There are so many toppings for avocado toast, it’s ridiculous. The one below though.. is my favorite
Avocado Toast Recipe w/ a Fried Egg
- 1 Egg
- ½ Avocado mashed
- 1 Slice Sourdough Bread toasted, with avocado oil
- Everything Bagel Seasoning sprinkled, to taste
- In a nonstick skillet on medium heat, add one tablespoon of olive oil and toast both sides of your sourdough bread.
- While the sourdough bread is toasting, cut an avocado in half and mash half into a bowl until slightly chunky and smooth.
- Once sourdough is toasted on both sides, spread avocado onto toast and set aside.
- In the same nonstick skillet, crack one egg. When the albumen (egg white) turns white and the egg lifts from the skillet without sticking, quickly flip your egg onto the other side.
- After flipping the egg over, let the egg cook for another 30-45 seconds. Remove from the skillet, and place onto your avocado toast.
- Sprinkle on Everything Bagel seasoning, and enjoy!